• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gods' Game We Play (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zfunk

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Well if this Yu Gi Oh, than Dax is like one of those performance duelist that even in defeat as the crowd at the palms of his hands, and we saw in the audience all those fan girls, he is Jack Atlas.
Edjwald

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 4:52 am Reply with quote
I have to say, I've never managed to stick with a card battle anime past 3 episodes. Not that I begrudge anybody their interests. If I'd every played any card battle game ever (unless Uno counts) they might have the same fulfilling a wish appeal as characters stuck in a video game anime have for me, as in . I hung in there because I mostly like the characters okay, but this anime is on my endangered species list.
camseyeview140

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 10:41 pm Reply with quote
it's hard to take an anime lead seriously as smart when they have to constantly explain to me, as a viewer why they are smart. So much of this show's dialogue is exposition and it just seems like the games are whatever the creator wanted it to be in this chapter/episode. No consistency in the rules.

Probably would have been more interested if the animation didn't look terrible. And yeah I know it was partly debated already, but the lead did look like Liar Liar's lead. The designs make me think of that terrible show, and frankly, this one is also terrible.

with there being about 32 or so new anime that aren't returning shows this season, anime needs to try harder or be given the time to be their best, and this one is not being its best. Who knows, maybe the source material is garbage, but then why adapt it then if it isn't popular? Idk, I think keeping up with trying out all of the new shows is grating on my patience, but there needs to be some kind of quality control in what gets greenlit happening, because when 80% of the shows coming out every season are bad, then that's a quantity over quality situation. Especially since they get full season orders and so much time and money is put into bringing them to life.
zfunk

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 9:27 am Reply with quote
Dax is awesome I kind of wish he was the male lead. He is funny, charming, and just so pull of personality. Something Fay does not have.

But we have Pearl to make up for Fay short comings, though I don't like the whole disrespect joke that they have going. And realistic a big breasted girl like Pearl would have fans, just not the fans you would want.

And can I say Kelritch is just so adorable. She is turning into one of my faves.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 10:18 am Reply with quote
I for one actually like that the mc is a calm and boring puzzle lover. The show has a lot of quirky characters and gags so you need a character to keep things grounded a bit, having everyone be loony would make it hard for the show to ever feel serious/thrilling.

As for the new game, seems like it will require a tactic that has to confuse both the enemy and allies in order to succeed. The rules seem relatively clear this time so it all depends on the trick/strategy Fay has in mind.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2